Sunday, April 15, 2007

Firefox



Firefox (the browser) has this absolutely amazing ability. Firstly it has tabbed browsing so you can have all you browser sessions up within the same window. Then if the browser crashes for some reason, and you bring it back up again, it will ask you if you want to restore the sessions. If you say "Yes" it will actually manage to restore the sessions perfectly including logging back to your email like Yahoo Mail or GMail. There are few things that have amazed me recently as much as the sight of a Firefox browser that just came up and is busy recreating like 12 different sessions that I had up previously. In fact, why do this only on a crash ? If I could bring up and log into the 4 or 5 different sites that I frequently visit when I go online without the headache of doing it for each one, it would be a big happiness gain for me.

Go Firefox.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Soul In Exile said...

You can actually do that...by saving different sets of browser windows of your choice as session profiles. Use any SessionSaver plugin...and create multiple profiles....and get started directly on boot up as well.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home