Friday, November 16, 2007

A design classic -- lotto flip-flops



Last year I went flip-flop shopping after my Teva and Columbia flop-flops from the US weathered out. I looked at a bunch of stuff with really bad designs costing quite a lot 1000/- upto 4 or 5000. None of it looked really appealing. And then I stumbled across Lotto flip flops. They're cheap as hell around 250/- or something. They have excellent minimalist design: the simple narrow straps which is what I was looking for and which no one else seemed to have -- everybody else seems to widen the staraps and do all kinds of stupid design things with it. And they say "Lotto" very clearly which is excellent advertising for the company, and which I wouldn't care for much except in this case the logo is stylish so I don't mind. This pair has served me really well for the past year or so, but looking a little shabby at the moment.

So lets hear it for Lotto flip-flops : a design classic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At 250/-...it cant be a genuine lotto...Has to be an imitation...

10:42 PM  
Blogger VK said...

Hmm... never occured to me.
They were being sold in a normal looking store (not something that looked like it would sell fake stuff), the design is simple and no-frills. I tend to believe that they're genuine, but its possible. I might be remembering the price wrong but I don't think they were more than 400/- at max.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

they are genuine....the have an eva injected sole which is for around 40rs in the market and the upper at the max wud be anthr 40-50 bux ....so @ tops it shud b costing them at around...120-130 so dont be surprisd with the pricing!!

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home