Saturday, May 10, 2008

Credit card woes

I got a call from HDFC Bank while I was travelling recently -- my credit card was hacked.

I will track the resolution process here

So far:
-They caught the irregular pattern and alerted me -- so : started off on the right note.
-The bank people wouldn't give me the names of the merchants to whom the transaction happened. I have to file a dispute resolution form first. Excellent logic -- they won't tell me information regarding my own account.
-They won't do any follow-up on the transactions until I file a dispute resolution form apparently. The form can't be emailed in (surprise!) and its to a PO Box so it can't be couriered in too. Again excellent -- critical time right after the fraud is lost, while they wait for me to fulfil the formalities.
- The dispute resolution form says that I will bear the cost of the investigations. Thank you for your credit card Mr. Parekh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home