Friday, May 16, 2008

Credit Card Woes - 2

As expected, this has become a mess and time sink:

May 9th: I sent them the dispute resolution form. By Speedpost -- because they did not have a phone number on the form which is needed to send by courier (and the address was a PO Box which courier companies do not deliver to).

May 13th: I called HDFC. They said that they didn't recieve it.
I went down to the Post Office where I sent it from and enquired. They don't have tracking facility so they gave me the phone number of the GPO and I had to call them to track. After several trails (engaged) I reached someone who told me it was delivered on 12th.
I called HDFC again and told them this. They asked me fax it. Why should I ? I sent it as per their instructions, they received it, to the best of my information, why should I waste my time. I don't have convenient access to a fax machine. If its more reliable to fax, why didn't they have that on the form and I could have taken some trouble to fax it the first time and be done with it.

May 16th: I called them twice. They haven't received it yet. Finally I told them that I won't send it again and I won't pay the charges. The chap put me on hold, came back and told me it would take a few days for them to process and for it to show up in the system so I should call back after a couple of days. So why did the earlier people tell me to fax it again, if its not that it didn't reach them ?
After the fuss they made earlier about telling me the merchants names, this time they did tell me the merchants' names (without me asking for it). Tata Indicom and IDEA.
So probably if they had reacted quickly, Tata Indicom and IDEA might have been able to stop the usage of the money as phone calls and even caught the person maybe. As it is, its 10 days later (and frustration and anxiety on my side), and not a single action to track down the perpetrators.

Oh I forgot -- the bright side, they responded with fantastic speed and sent me another card. Thank you, I'll certainly continue using HDFC cards going forward.

Welcome to my life Mr. Kafka.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home